Sunday, July 5, 2009

Be Not Weary


  • " Let us not lose heart in doing good,
    for in due time we will reap
    if we do not grow weary."
    Galatians 6:9 NASB
    "But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary of doing good."
    2 Thessalonians 3:13 NASB

    I lost heart today. I grew weary. The really bad part is that I'm not even convinced that it was because I've been "doing good".

    I can think of many reasons for this weariness of heart:
    physical exhaustion, taking on the stresses of others around me, hormone imbalance (my favorite)...

    However, what it really boils down to is a lack of faith in God, His purposes for me here as I "occupy until He comes",His ability to work miracles in the hearts of others; and,forgetting that His strength is perfected in my weakness.

    I was lifted up by some gracious words on another Christian sister's blog site, reminding me of the joy and beauty that is everywhere, just as God is everywhere. Her encouragement leaves me nearly speechless with humility, no, shame, for allowing the cares of this life to overshadow my joy in Him. I lost my perspective. Didn't I just write about that last time? How frail and feeble and forgetful I can be!

    I will let her words say the rest: http://bekahw4.blogspot.com/2009/01/in-ever-darkening-shades-of-life-there.html






No comments:

Post a Comment